The following links are to information the Department for Education recommends academies publish on their website as outlined in the guidance: What academies, free schools and colleges should publish online.
This page provides information and/or links to information which we are required to publish by law. If you require a paper version of any of this any other information on this website please do not hesitate to contact us. This service is provided free of charge.
Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy
Duffield Road, Darley Abbey, Derby, DE22 1JD
Enquiries Contact Name
Mrs Wilson – Office Manager
Name of Headteacher
Mr K Gritton
Name and address of the Chair of the Local Governing Body
Mr Keith Wharam
c/o Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy
Name of SENCO
Mrs Annet Johnson
To view our Key Stage 4 results for 2018 and 2019, please see our Results and Achievements page.
Until new performance measures are published, these are the most up to date results we can display at this time.
Equalities Policy Statement under the HR Policies tab of our Policies page.
The Equality Act 2010 was introduced to ensure protection from discrimination, harassment and victimisation on the grounds of specific characteristics. For our school, this means that it is unlawful to discriminate against students or treat them less favourably because of their gender; race; disability; religion or belief; gender reassignment; sexual orientation; pregnancy or maternity.
Under the Act, the school is expected to comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty. This requires us to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Advance equality of opportunity between different groups
- Foster good relations between different groups
As a public organisation, we are required to:
- Publish information to show compliance with the Equality Duty. This is done via our Equalities Policy which is linked below.
- Publish Equality Objectives which are specific and measurable
Our Equalities Policy is in line with national guidance and contains information about how the academy complies with the Public Sector Equality Duty. We also give guidance to staff and outside visitors on our approach to promoting equality.
Our Equality Objectives reflect our priorities as a school and these are:
- To use performance data to monitor student achievement and respond to variations between groups of learners, subjects, courses and key stages, trends over time and comparisons with others
- To raise the awareness and skills of staff to promote fairness, equality and good relations in the context of their role
- To provide an environment that welcomes, protects and respects diverse people
- To ensure that all students are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school.
To view the following;
- Annual Report
- Annual Audited Accounts
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- Names of Charity Trustees and Members
- Funding Agreement
- Executive Pay
Please refer to the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust Governance pages
School Governor Information
For all information relating to the School Governors, please see our Governors Page.